Saturday, February 7, 2015

Just What It Means if You Were Talking to the Most Obnoxious of the 3 Stooges and Stuttered His Name!



I love words.  I love learning new ones.  I am particularly intrigued by slang words and expressions.  I’m pretty sure that I was the first teacher at Chittenango High School to use the expressions “talk to the hand” and “my bad.”  Becky Wilson and Diane Newman taught them to me during “Little Women” rehearsal.  Last Monday, after the Seahawks dreadful Super Bowl ending, I was talking to a youthful Panera friend about the now infamous “call” and Peter Carroll.  Of Coach Carroll she said, “What a momo!”  It was a new word.  I didn’t know what it meant to be a “momo.  Rather than asking, I decided to do a Google search, and the first word-related place I was taken was the "Urban Dictionary."  There I discovered that “momo” was crass to a startling degree.  If you wanted a profane epithet to fit any occasion, you had found it in that two-lettered four-letter word.  Warning:  I am about to post the URL for the "Urban Dictionary’s" definition of “momo.”  If you are positively put off by profanity, then go no farther.  Do not click on the URL below.  I REPEAT:  DO NOT CLICK ON THE URL BELOW.  Don’t let your curiosity get to you and make you come back later on.  But. . .having been forewarned. . .you simply have to know the nasty mass of meanings for “momo,” then click right here, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=MOMO.  For my older readers, of which there are many, you now know what it means if your children or grandchildren talk about a “momo,” or, perish the thought, call you one, and you can take proper corrective action.  I don’t plan on using the term. . .probably.--Greg Ellstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment