Monday, February 23, 2015

Just a little posting as addendum to Stopping by Panera. . .



(This was originally the last paragraph of my weather posting.  I decided not to use it the first time to keep the weather posting positive.  Decided to do it now.)

I hate to close on a down note, but I have to think about how this strange weather the world is having is surely the product of “climate change.”  It scares me.  It scares me because we are doing so little about it.  Instead of taking action, I think the majority of us feel quiet despair about where our world is headed, and then put that despair aside, to go for a ride in our fossil fuel-mobiles to a coffee shop or somewhere else where we can smile and discuss other things.  When I step out into an icy blast, and say to myself, “Man, day after day, this is just too darn cold,” I must remind myself that, yes, it is colder than it’s supposed to be here. . . and hotter than it’s supposed to be other places, and drier than it’s supposed to be somewhere, and wetter than it’s supposed to be someplace.  Then I remind myself that mother nature must think this is the way it is supposed to be now, because, after all, we made it this way.  That’s what we must have wanted.--Greg Ellstrom

1 comment: